I have a Window program that generate message about once every 5 minutes. I want to deliver this message to all my clients running in Windows as well. I don't want my home computer to talk to the clients directly. Instead I want to have a Linux server to do the job.
The server application role (Linux) is:
1. authenticate client
2. broadcast new message to subscribers based on membership level when my computer has a new one. The connection between server and client is established only when there is new message. There is no reason to keep connection open with such a low bandwidth.
The client application role (Windows) is:
1. send user name to server for authentication
2. listen for message from server. For the admin client, instead of listening, it sends the message.
I need both the server and client applications. You can pick whatever Linux flavor you use. I will find a web hosting service for the server application.
A few things to add/emphasize before I forget:
1. There will be at least 2 servers broadcasting the message. So the workload should be spread evenly.
2. I mention the database that keep track of the clients. I want to be able to log in the Linux Server and maintain this database. I also want a Web form allowing end users to add themselves to the list.
3. In the future I plan to write the display of the client application to be web base. So if possible, make this possible to work behind firewall.
I would like to see your plan how you would get this accomplished. And I want to get the source code at the end, because I will need to add some business rules in.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $419 for this job
Do you have any requirements on protocol between client (win) and server (linux) - I can do it in http. Also any firewall limitations? Please provide more details regarding environment. Eugene