I'm looking for a simple desktop software that will do the following:
1) It should be able to browse for a folder on my hard-drive and then import any .TXT/.HTML/.PHP/ files into the program.
2) Before I import those files, I would have edited them by hand to have variables such as [[NAME]], [[URL]] and [[WEBSITE]]
3) Inside the program, there should be input boxes like this:
INPUT BOX 1 (Variable Name) INPUT BOX 1 (Custom value)
INPUT BOX 2 (Variable Name) INPUT BOX 2 (Custom value)
INPUT BOX 3 (Variable Name) INPUT BOX 3 (Custom value)
... and so on for however many sets of input boxes are needed.
Basically the program will read all the imported files and grab the instances of anything with 2 square brackets [[ ]] around it... like [[NAME]], [[URL]] etc...
It should then display those variables it finds inside the first input box on each line. For example:
INPUT BOX 1 [[NAME]] INPUT BOX 1 (Custom value)
INPUT BOX 2 [[URL]] INPUT BOX 2 (Custom value)
... then more sets of boxes depending on how many variables are found.
Each variable should only be displayed once. So if there are 5 files all having [[URL]] inside it, then the program should only show the [[URL]] text box once, not five times.
Ok, so, the 2nd input box on each line should be empty and allow me to enter a value which the variable (eg. [[NAME]]) should be replaced with.
For example, first input box could say [[NAME]] (which would match [[NAME]] in the imported files), then next to that input box would be an empty input box where I write the actual name. Eg Joe Bloggs
Underneath those two input boxes will be another set of input boxes. The first might say [URL], then in the one next to it, I would enter a URL such as [url removed, login to view]
4) Then, there should be a button called "Process files". After clicking this, the program will loop through all the imported files and substitute my variable names for the custom values I entered.
So for example, if the variable was [[NAME]], and my custom value was Joe Bloggs, then the program would search and replace and occurance of [[NAME]] with Joe Bloggs and do the same for each set of variables/custom value that I have entered in the text boxes.
5) The updated files should then be saved into a NEW folder. Ideally I could enter a value in the program to give that new folder a name beforehand. The folder should then appear as a subfolder within the folder where I choose the files in the first place.
The original files should not be changed. Only read and then saved as new files.
6) The program should have the ability to save settings...basically it should save:
- The files that I imported
- The variable names in the text boxes e.g [[NAME]]
It does not need to save the name of the new folder or the custom values eg.. Joe Bloggs
Ideally I should be able to save the above settings as a "project" file so I can easily open up the project and see instantly the set of original files and the set of variables that can be substituted within those files.
I hope this all makes sense. Please PM me any questions. Preference will be given to coders that can show me any demos/example of what I want to acheive.
6 freelancers are bidding on average $208 for this job
Hi, I can do this in asp.net or winforms whatever you prefer. already done runtime control generation and regular expressions text readings etc. pls let me know your interests..