FIRST PLEASE DO NOT BID ON THIS WITHOUT READING THE WHOLE DOCUMENT. I WILL ONLY ACCEPT BIDS THAT MEET MY REQUESTS. WHEN YOU BID I EXPECT TO SEE A MILESTONE DOCUMENT ATTACHED TO YOUR BID.
I would like to build a custom monitoring application. I have between 1 and 20 sources that I need to monitor with video and audio. I need a stable application that can use video and audio input from any usb or card based capture device. See attached picture to understand what I want to do.
I've tried to replicate this in my own environment but was unsuccessful. I think that the problem is that I have 8 of the same USB capture device on 2 pci USB expansion cards. I am confident that there is enough bandwidth available to use all four on each expansion card at once. I think its a simple conflict with the drivers.
Here is what must be able to be done:
- Titlling of each video sqaure. The title must be as an overlay, with either a solid or transpernt background, and custom colour text
- Visual Audio monitors. As you can see in [url removed, login to view] there are audio level bars to the right and left of each video source. This does not have to be an overlay. Simply beside the the video is fine. There must be a way to trigger an alarm or visual alarm when the audio has stopped or has ZERO volume.
- Video monitor with alarm. If the video source goes dead or black for a XXX duration, an alarm visually and/or audible notification that it has found a video error, this is identical to the audio error detection but for video.
- Audio does not need to be heard through the system. Only if selected by the user via mouse or hot key on keyboard then the audio will be played through the soundcard
- A visual clock must be able to be as a source as you can see in in [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view]
- Support of multiple monitors. I would like to be able to spread the all the video sources over multiple computer monitors
- Recall. If the system is shutdown or accidentally turned off because of a power failure, the app must be able to remember all the settings from the previous session. Since there are issues with using multiple/identical capture devices, the application must be able to know what source is connected to which device. I dont want to go behind the computer to change sources so that they match the video, or have to change the title of each video square
- Templates for different types of set-ups. i.e. A 4 video monitoring source setup can be equally divided on on screen. A 7 monitoring setup would require a different setup like 3 on each side and one in the middle. or a 8 monitoring setup would be 3 on each side and two in the middle
- A log that can be emailed in the background to notify of any errors. For example if a video source stops and I didn't see it, my brother could get an email letting him know that the source stopped or audio has an error. This can be done daily as a log emailed or as an emergency email for secondary notification
- Auto sizing feature. When I make a template I want to be able to have the application understand to fill up as much of the screen as possible for the amount for video sources we have
- Be able to drag and drop the videos to different positions on the screen.
- The plan of this is to be run 24/7 so the application must be stable. I can schedule reboots once a day if needed
- All source code must be provided
- A simple bundled installation package. One executable to run and its installed on my system.
- Windows XP or 7 only. I will accept a Linux version but that also must be set up as a simple bundled installation or even a live CD or Live USB so that I dont have to put a hard drive in the machine and have the possible need to change hard drives in case one dies
I expect to see a demo of something related to this before I award the project to you. I will give payments in 25% increments. I expect to see from you a milestone document showing how and where you would like to see those 25% payments made. You must be able to accept changes along the way. As we all know that sometimes certain circumstance cause us to change certain targets.