We are looking for one or more C++ programmers to work with a small team on an Internet Server software project.
We are looking for individuals who can commit to 20+ hours a week, and can start immediately (or almost).
Please note this is a project for individuals and they must be within a 4 hour timezone of the UK.
The initial engagement will for a 2 week trial period, with the potential for ongoing work for 12 months or more.
Fees: to be paid at an agreed hourly rate and based upon agreed working hours.
* Significant experience of programming C and C++ in a Linux/UNIX environment using the GNU toolchain (gcc, gdb etc)
* Must have some experience of socket programming and network protocols (e.g. HTTP)
* We prefer dealing with individuals rather than companies.
* Can be anywhere in the world, but must be able to communicate daily over Skype/IM in English at be available for at least some of the UK working day.
* Ideally should have some experience of using the Boost C++ libraries
* Should have experience of writing multi-threaded programs.
* Experience of writing Internet server software is a strong bonus. E.g. web servers, games servers
* Good systems level knowledge of Linux (or other Unix level platforms).
* Knowledge of Python would also be a bonus.
* Experience of using source code version control and bug tracking systems (we use subversion and trac)