This is a project for someone familiar with Camera operations / screen display/ SVG files, etc on the Symbian platform.
We have an Image processing application for Symbian platform (coded in C++).
Code is divided into 3 units:
1) Camera manager - around 2000 lines
2) Image processing - separate DLL
3) Other code - around 2500 lines
The task is a quick enhancement in 1), the Camera Manager.
* Currently, the resolution of the 'frames' taken from camera and sent for image processing is "hardcoded" for a particular device (N82).
* The code still works (image processing and all) on other devices (like Nokia 5800), but the viewfinder display is not proper (because of wrong / inappropriate resolution).
* I want the hardcoding of frame resolution (magic numbers) to be removed. Instead the device should be "queried" for supported resolution which should be passed to calls to StartViewFinderBitmapsL (and any other necessary places).
After your modification, the display should be proper on all Symbian devices. Not that the Camera Manager is a separate module and you need to work only on that.
Note that I prefer an expert who has worked on Symbian Camera Applications & UI before.
Thanks & Regards,