I have an AOL posting bot that needs some additions added. I have the source code (written in C I believe). Here is what needs to be done:
1. Debug current code (its not posting to some registered users) so that the current functionality is corrected. I need this part done first so that any additions will work properly.
2. I need the posting bot to link up to a MySQL database of registered users each day (once a day is fine) to verify who it is supposed to post to. Currently anyone can ping the bot and type "register" and they are added to an internal list. This list needs to be changed to pull off the MySQL database for registered users. The MySQL database is on a linux server.
3. I need to be able to manually have a list where I can add someone for the day to use the bot, or if the MySQL link breaks for some reason, I can manually add people to use it.
4. Bot needs to keep a daily list (.txt format is fine) of all people it is posting to for that day that is stored.
5. Some additional functions added that will be given later upon award of the project (commands etc), and some minor changes to the way its doing things now.
Other than the MySQL addition, almost all of the work is modification of current programming and should be an easy job for anyone with experience in programming AOL posting bots.