The goal of this project is to develop a tool that will launch Flash Media Encoder from a web page. I assume the best way to do this is with an ActiveX control but I am open to other suggestions. The tool must be easy for me install on a web page, and operate as follows:
(We may assume the user has already installed FME on his computer).
First visit to web page:
1. Browser prompts user to install ActiveX control
2. Control is installed and launched (see next section)
1. Control is passed a parameter via HTML
2. Control downloads an FME config profile from a particular location on my server (e.g. [url removed, login to view] where paramValue was passed in step 1 above).
3. Control saves config file to a well known location that is always writable and readable (e.g. C:[url removed, login to view])
4. Control launches FME like this: FMEcmd /g /p C:[url removed, login to view]
The control should be able to handle common errors such as:
1. Cannot download profile
2. Cannot launch FME
1. Must work with IE6, IE7 and FireFox
2. Other than the usual security restrictions in IE and Firefox, this tool must be extremely simple for users to install and use.
1. The ActiveX control (or other technology)
2. Simple instructions on how to install it on a web page
3. Source code and build scripts
I will also require a working example as proof of completion.
Please submit your bid with confidence for review.
Black Dog Unlimited
7 freelancers are bidding on average $1318 for this job
We have good knowledge in programming from mainframe to mobile technologies. Please visit us at [url removed, login to view] for your reference. Hope to get your work done sooner the possible.