We require a "back-up client" (ONLY THE CLIENT) development for Windows. Application flow and features of the client will be exactly as Zumodrive ( [url removed, login to view] )
DO NOT need to BID, if the developer is unable to start the project soon! We will need to work parallel with the developer as we're working on the server side. If you cannot perform a parallel work with us, PLEASE DO NOT BID.
The application developer has to have an extensive knowledge on developing Visual C++ and MFC based applications (!! NOT C#, NOT VISUAL BASIC !!). The end application should be working flawless without any memory leak and other similar problems. We might require seeing some examples of the developer's works.
The source code should be documented well and communication over Skype with the developer 1-hour/day will be required in order to review latest development status. Please include your bid amount and estimated delivery time too.
There will not be too much graphic design involved in the application. We will provide all graphics to the developer.
The application requires having following basic features:
- Client application installation and all user interface related actions will be 1-to-1 copy of the Zumodrive.
- The application has to run in background and have an icon in the tray and "settings" can be opened in an external window as clicked. The server side application WILL NOT be required from the bidder, ONLY the windows client.
- After the installation, a back-up drive (remote drive) must appear as a drive in the "My Computer". Required techniques for mounting the drive is documented and will be shared with the developer.
- Backup process can be performed by using “rsync” libraries.
- All commands should be available through the context menu in the Windows Explorer. There will be a "top context menu" and "submenus" when right clicked to a folder/file.
- Inside the Windows Explorer, the application should show the state of the files with overlay icons.
- If you use the Windows Explorer in details view, the application can add additional columns so you have all the information available. (in addition to standard columns: "date modified", "size", "type"…etc)
- The application has to comply with the descriptions that we will provide to the winner.
- Installation of the application will also be required.
- Source code should be documented very well.
- Application should be compatible with the 32/64-bit editions of these operating systems: Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and Windows 2008/2003/2000 Server.
Please shoot if you have any questions left.
10 freelancers are bidding on average $1225 for this job
Hi, I have 16 years of experience with C and C++ for Windows, having built a lot of MFC GUI too. I am interested in working on your project. Good luck, Daniel