For an existing desktop application that manages personal information data (appointments, tasks, contacts and notes) we need support for synchronization with mobile devices.
The first step would be to write a prototype of an ActiveSync service provider (desktop and mobile side) that does the synchronization between the desktop database and the pocket outlook data on windows mobile devices. The prototype can be limited to appointment data. A further simplification for the prototype is that it only needs to read / write data from / to a text file on the desktop. On the mobile device we need to have access to the pocket outlook data.
Requirements in details:
- ActiveSync service provider: desktop and mobile parts
- Data storage on the desktop side will be a text file with one line per appointment
- Data storage on the mobile device will be the pocket outlook database
- No program installation on the device side. Everything should be managed via ActiveSync
- Must work with ActiveSync 4.5 and Windows Mobile 6.0 to 6.5
If the prototype works as we expect it's very likely that we will order an expanded version of the provider that will additionally do the following:
- Handle appointment data to the complete extent including mapping of recurrence pattern
- Also handle contacts, tasks and notes
- Using the applications database instead of text files
- Later follow-up orders may include using other technologies to perform synchronization with other mobile platforms.
Please only bid if you have experience with ActiveSync providers - preferably already written one before and if you are interested in the follow-up job. We will pay for the prototype only if all requirements are fulfilled. We will gain the rights on all source code created for this project.