We are a company in Germany and looking for a programmer with excellent knowledge of C++ to make changes and improvements in our GIS (Geographical Information Systems) software.
Our GIS software is already quite perfect and not too complex. It’s written in C++. We bought the library from a software development company. The library is very well documented, therefore it is quity easy to familiarize with it.
The software allows to display geographical information (latitudes, longitudes). For example a country as an area and a street as a line. The user can zoom in and out, change colours, lines and so on. The geographical coordintes can be edited as well.
Part of this project are the following changes:
1. Implementation of an import/export function for two new file formats (the librarys of both formats are already available).
2. At the moment there is only the English language version. We are planning to translate the software in other languages as well. So the software needs some changes that will make it easier to handle multi-language versions.
The project is quite interesting because it is a very innovative subject and because the software doesn’t need to be developed new from scratch. There already is a very well programmed and documented basis and new functions only need to be implemented.
For us it is important that you have excellent C++ skills and that the price is low.
In the next time we are planning some more improvements. In addition to the PC version we will offer a Pocket PC version. We will also buy a library for the Pocket PC version which only has to be improved. Therefore we are interested in a trustful longer-term cooperation. We would like to pay the later work based on a daily rate and would like to negotiate the daily rate before starting the cooperation.
Please provide us with this information:
1. Price for the immediate programming work (import/export function, multi-language support).
2. Your daily rate for later works.
3. Some references of your past projects.
16 freelancers are bidding on average $72 for this job
I'm an expert developer that wrote 7 technical books and many articles on codeproject.com. I have also wrote an article about GPS, you can find it on google with my name. Please PM me for more information.
I have over 15 years of experience in C/C++. I am located in the U.S. This looks to be more than $100 worth of work so the bid is just a placeholder to discuss the details.