Develop all the software (firmware and PC application) for a converter from RS232 to USB HID keyboard. Bymeans that the device would be able to receive RS232 data and connect to a PC through the USB port and input the data received as a keyboard.
- The circuit must be selfpowered by the USB port
- It has to be recognised from the PC as keyboard or any other device included in the basics operating systems
- The microcontroller must be Microchip
- A PC utility communicating through the USB port must be provided to set communications parameters over the RS232 port.
Items to be provided:
- complete C language source code
- Compiler must be either Microchip or CCS
One or two pieces of assembled circuit will be provided. Microncontroller Employed is a Microchip QFP case.
This project is for software development only (firmware and PC utility application) .