The main application feature is the salat time reminder.
Basic application features:
1. automatic time calculation in accordance with current user location;
2. current and next day salat time table display;
3. calendar, which is Islamic by default and can be switched to Gregorian; displayed as a book, current data is underlined, holidays are marked with a checkmark. When user clicks on a holiday date, the holiday description will be shown up.
4. descriptions for all Muslim holidays collected into a list; when user clicks on an item in the list, a description pops up
5. a user can add custom events into the holidays list specifying date, time and description, a reminder for such a custom event can be set up;
6. compass showing the correct direction for salat;
a. Athan melodies and reminder sound can be chosen;
b. language selection(English; Russian; French; Arabian; Persian);
c. reminders can be enabled/disabled.
8. Help (application features description);
That was the list of features the application currently has. Also there is the server module developed. It sends push notifications to users and saves custom events to its database. After saving a custom event information it starts sending notifications for the saved custom event.
Currently there are some issues with sending and delivery of notifications..
Source code can be provided if necessary.
Software we currently have:
- Salat Time server written in C, running under freeBSD
- Salat Time client written in Objective C, running under iOS 3.1.3 or later;
The tasks are:
- Update the application to make it compatible with new iOS5.
- Fix current issues related to sending and delivery of notifications
- Add the following features:
1. salat procedure instruction (with illustrations and explanations, just static description);
2. Quran (just text which can be called by tapping on a button in menu);
3. possibility to locate SalatTime users, which are currently nearby to you.