please create a Pure data patch making fm-instruments, using abstractions.
create at least 3 different instruments from a bell, woodwind, brass, or drum and demonstrate instruments in a very short piece of music (or note sequence), only like 5 - 15 seconds long.
Consider the following steps when making your patch:
1. Create an abstraction called [login to view URL] that implements the FM equation for a single carrier and mod- ulator.
2. Provide inlets for accepting the following FM parameters: (a) carrier frequency fc, (b) modulator frequency fm, (c) maximum index of modulation I, (d) 2 envelopes: one for overall amplitude and one for index of modulation (see notes/slides on FM).
3. Create 3 example instruments chosen from bell, woodwind, brass and/or drum. Each should: (a) use an instance of [login to view URL], (b) take parameters that change the pitch and/or tone quality (as appropriate) and duration, (c) should generally sound like the instrument (family) after which they are named. This will be achieved predominantly by developing envelopes for amplitude and index of modulation, one of which should be the ADSR (you may want to save this as an abstraction here).
4. Create a very short note sequence (5-15 seconds long) that demonstrates your instruments. We should be able to press “start”, and have your sequence play from start to end.
5. Your short sequence should demonstrate instrument notes having different pitches, durations, as well as tone qualities. The problem I having here is making this automated. Please use tables, loops, random number generators, or anything else you can think of to generate control data.