We have an application that we have already compiled from source for our Linux build and it is working flawlessly on our bare metal devices as well as an AWS VM instance.
We are now looking to get this fully functional in Azure.
The application is an open-source software router.
The main difference between AWS and Azure are the interface drivers.
- AWS uses the ENI (elastic network interface)
- Azure uses Mellanox interface
I will provide:
- links to the build instructions
- a video with an expert who walks us through the Ubuntu build on our bare metal device – he could not provide us guidance for Azure
- recommendations from the open-source community that provided guidance on how to get this working in Azure
- provide you with a list of commands so you can tell if the application is working as we expect it to
- access to two Azure instances that you can build on
- it does compile in Azure however there are errors reported as well as a function it needs seems to be missing from the DPDK installation
- it does compile on our bare metal hardware, takes and the configuration changes we need and passes traffic
- it does compile and work 100% AWS VM instance, takes and the configuration changes we need and passes traffic
- it does compile in Azure it reports errors and does not pass traffic and we are unable to set a critical setting in the application – it does provide errors to look at
- Fully functioning application in an Azure instance that will accept our configuration changes and pass network traffic throurh the software router
Here is what we need compiled and fully functioning in Azure:
DPDK: [login to view URL]
GitHub - DPDK/dpdk: Data Plane Development Kit
Data Plane Development Kit. Contribute to DPDK/dpdk development by creating an account on GitHub.
VPP: [login to view URL]
GitHub - FDio/vpp
Contribute to FDio/vpp development by creating an account on GitHub.
VPP LCP: [login to view URL]
GitHub - pimvanpelt/lcpng: Linux Control Plane plugin for VPP
Linux Control Plane plugin for VPP. Contribute to pimvanpelt/lcpng development by creating an account on GitHub.
The Azure Interfaces will need network acceleration enabled:
[login to view URL]
VPP in Azure build guide (very outdated and we need the most recent VPP and DPDK installed
[login to view URL]
20 freelancers are bidding on average $716 for this job
Hello, Let me do this for you. I am C Systems/Kernel level Linux Software Engineer with 20+ years behind my back. That kind of tasks are my specialty and I like them. Regards, Alex