We have some server-side application working on Windows.
We need to port it to Linux and are writing our WinAPI implementation for Linux like Wine.
What we need: a test set which can be started both under Windows (with the native WinAPI)
and under Linux (linked with our implementation). The test set should check those functions:
1. lstrcmpiW( LPCWSTR s1,LPCWSTR s2)
2. lstrlenA( LPCSTR lpString )
3. wsprintfW( LPWSTR lpwOut, LPCWSTR lpwFmt, ...)
6. WideCharToMultiByte(UINT CodePage, DWORD dwFlags, LPCWSTR lpWideCharStr, int cchWideChar, LPSTR lpMultiByteStr, int cbMultiByte, LPCSTR lpDefaultChar, LPBOOL lpUsedDefaultChar )
7. MultiByteToWideChar(UINT CodePage, DWORD dwFlags, LPCSTR lpMultiByteStr, int cbMultiByte, LPWSTR lpWideCharStr, int cchWideChar )
Each function should have a separate test set consiting of 2 parts:
1) negative tests - all cases when the function can return error (in accordance with [url removed, login to view])
2) positive tests - we need a black-box testing
which can prove the functions work the same way as in Windows. All possible situations
mentioned in MSDN as well as found during Windows testing should be covered and commented,
i.e., we need test different combination of parameters/system states.
We need test it on full set of symbols from ~13 languages (Chinese is present).
All needed locale information tables will be provided by us.
You need make those tests in CUnit working in Windows (with the native API) and provide the code.
I will answer more quickly on your bid in
a case if you will show me an example of possible tests for anyone of those functions
(pseudocode or english language description covered all cases you think we need to test) .