The project is to translate/rewrite one (1) form, from VB6 to ASP.NET 4.0, C# Language
The form to be translated is part of a big project that is currently in production and being migrated from desktop (VB6) to web (ASP.NET).
The form code itself has 583 lines, the form is basically a report, the user selects 2 values from the UI and with that info executes some queries to the database. With the found data a grid must be filled, also with that data 3 types of .txt (plain text) files must be generated, the user will choose which file wants to generate/download pressing a button for each one.
The actual SQL queries exists inside the visual basic code and are not efficient because the code is hitting the database more times than necessary, the most important task is to move that logic to a Stored Procedure for SQL Server 2005.
- The budget for this project is between $10 and $30, and the estimated delivery time is 1 day.
- If your bid or delivery time is higher, it could be considered but I will take the best deal.
- The code to translate is VB6, IS NOT Visual Basic .NET
- The database version is SQL Server 2005
- The stored procedure must be called from Entity Framework and the results should be mapped to a C# POCO list. Not explicits datareader/datatables/datasets or iterators.
- The final code must be C# 4.0 (.NET Framework 4.0)
- The final UI must be a WebForm (ASP.NET Webforms)
- The final code must be 100% C# code and not depend on any interop library to run visual basic code on C#. The use of assemblies/libraries like [url removed, login to view] will not be accepted.
- If is needed to use any library, you must use open source libraries that can run on the web server without forcing to install any software on the web server.
3 freelancers are bidding on average $43 for this job
I am an experienced software developer with more than 3 year experience in a US Based Health Care IT Company. I will provide you best solution according to your requirements.