I need to record simple on/off style actuations of limit switches. These limit switches will be remote from the pc so I assume they will need to be connected to an Arduino or Raspberry Pii or similar that has wifi which can then connect to a wifi router to connect to PC.
At the moment I stand and manually count the number of actuations for an hour at each station and take an average. This is not very accurate. I want to set up limit switches for long periods of time to get more accurate data.
The things I need in the program are:
1. GUI that will give a simple yet clean and modern dashboard showing number of limit switches (stations) with actuations in the set period (1 hour, 4 hours, 1 day, 1 month, etc) on per station or total station. This aspect can be discussed. I want it to be 'eye candy' if possible.
2. Ability to give unique names to each limit switch (station).
3. Number of stations, if not able to be limitless to be fixed to a max of say 40 stations. This is not needed, but I am just allowing for unforeseen needs.
4. Database to hold the data. At this stage the data only needs to be held on a local machine. Possibly having the ability to have the database remotely on a server / cloud.
5. Ability to export the data into CSV format or similar to allow import to Excel to collate the data.
6. A license of some sort. Small license code app to create a license code.
7. I want the code well commented so if at a later date, I cannot find you or your situation changes, someone else can pick up where you left off if there is ever any need to make changes to the code.
8. Assistance with the wifi aspect of the limit switch. I assume a wired linit switch to Arduino or Raspberry Pii with wifi will be the best and cheapest method.
Nice to Haves:
8. Ability to merge the data from one database with another. (IE: Windows program running on PC 1 and separately on PC2 recording different limit switches. Would like the ability to combine the data.
Happy to discuss needs. I have two other small applications I would like to develop after this package.
I have classed this as a very small project but if after discussions you can offer reasons on why it needs to go into the next price bracket I am happy to discuss.
17 freelancers are bidding on average $255 for this job
Hi. I'm professional programmer/electronic hardware developer with experience over 20 years. I prefer to use Pi for this task. We can discuss all details in chat. Regards, Alex.
yes buddy, this is my sole speciality,,means gui interfacing with the arduino,,, and to build an RMCS,,,Remote Monitoring and Control, U will get the best work accompanied with brotherhood,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Hello, I have experience with raspberry pi and i can develop with C# like WPF or window form as you prefer. I'm close to your country we are easy to work together. I'm from Cambodia as you not mind