Mechanical + Industrial Design of Type-C USB Key Feature + Receiver (Unidirectional Insertion)
– Design and develop a two-piece (top/bottom) plastic casing key including a unidirectional key feature (the USB key can only be inserted one direction) for small PCB which includes a male Type-C USB connector. Design may need to accommodate some additional features.
– Design and develop concepts for the carriage or mounted side (receiver) that allow for easy insertion and removal while ensure the USB key can only be inserted one way. The carriage should be as small as possible to hold the respective PCB. Carriage will include on a power wire off the PCB to include in the design.
– Design should be thoughtful, intuitive and cost effective to manufacture in some plastic at scale.
– Industrial Design
– Mechanical Engineering
– CAD files of 2 different sized cylinders
– CAD files in .stp, .stl and .igs
1. Please PM if you have any specific questions.
2. All work related to this project is to be owned by us. A signed innovation assignment agreement and a NDA is required.
3. All vendors agree to assign and does hereby assign to the contest host, bidhere23, (or any person or entity designated by the host) all his/her right, title and interest in and to all Developments and all related patents, patent applications, copyrights and copyright applications, designs, output, and other intellectual property delivered as part of this contest.
4. All vendors agree that all information and know-how, whether or not in writing, of a private, secret or confidential nature concerning the host’s business (collectively, “Proprietary Information”) is and shall be the exclusive property of the host.
– CAD files of 2 different PCBs (1 USB Key PCB + 1 Receiver)