We are continuously looking for local freelance contract workers who has the skill and expertise to undertake projects under this position. Depending on your work experience in the field, we may nominate you as Lead Carpet Installer.
You will need to provide your service onboard a vessel, which typically will be located in one of Singapore's Shipyard. There will be travel opportunities, however due to the Covid-19 situation, we have currently stopped all work travel overseas until further notice.
You are required to stay onboard the vessel throughout the duration of the project, where accommodation, meals and laundry services will be provided.
Some of your duties when onboard the vessel includes but does not limited to:
• cleaning, levelling, and sealing the work area
• installing gripper (a spiked edging that secures the carpet) around the edge of the room
• cutting the underlay (where required) to the correct shape and fit it inside the gripper.
• laying the carpet on top, sewing, or taping any joints, and making sure that the pile and pattern match.
• stretching and flattening the carpet, pushing it on to the gripper.
• cutting the carpet to fit the edges of the room.
If you think you have what it takes to fit this position, please send in your latest CV, including your expected date rate for our review.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We will keep your CV in file for those who is not successful and be in touch with you once the need arises to check you interest and availability.
Contract Length: 2 - 4 weeks
Expected Start Date: 15-Jan-2021 (tentatively)
Job Type: One continuous campaign, Temporary Contract
Day Rate: $200 - $300 per day (12 hrs / day)