We are looking for a Mikrotik expert that has demonstrable experience with the following;
1) Sharing WAN connections
2) hotspot tuning and configuration for failover
4) Dynamic failover and reroute of WAN connections
The initial project will be to accomplish the following:
1) modify our existing MIkrotik router configuration to support:
a. Allow for definition of one or more WAN interface (defining available bandwidth on the given interface)
b. Create a grouping of interfaces that we define as WAN type interfaces. Call this grouping “Outbound”
c. Group bandwidth amongst ALL WAN interfaces that are in the grouping
d. Route all hotspot users out any of the available WAN interfaces based on badnwdith availability
e. Automatically determine when one interface is NOT working and send alert (via nagios) and then ensure that no traffic routes through this interface until it is back up again.
i. Dynamic testing of the failed WAN interface will take place every 5 minutes and once the failed WAN interface is operational again, then begin using it.
f. Run periodic bandwidth tests from Router on ALL WAN interfaces to ensure health and put back into service when working again?
g. Provide a way/route that TECHs can test a specific route in the WAN grouping to isolate a specific routing problem
h. Support DNS services that MIGHT be different for each WAN in the group.
2) Modify our Hotspot service on Router so that when the router hotspot service cannot communicate with the main/central Radius server (located at designated public IP) the user will have unlimited access to internet until such time as the route to radius for authentication is working again. The problem now is that the Hotpsot MAY have internet service, but our RADIUS server might be down.. We still want people to be able to use the internet without authentication. However, when the RADIUS is reachable again, we need to force those users that are connected to authenticate.
3) We will need 60 days to test and validate, and all bug fixes must be included in the fixed cost quote. Furthermore, any current functionality that is currently working, but exhibits issues after changes will need to be addressed in this fixed cost quote.
If you feel 100% confident that you can achieve all of the above, and document changes, and COMMENT each change in Router with out breaking existing functionality then let me know and I will send you a RIF of the current configuration that you can install and see the existing rules. From the RIF and the above general requirements you can give me a rough idea of the cost to do the above work.
This project is NOT for someone with limited understanding of MikroTik Router OS. We have engineers with over two years of experience working with RouterOS