I am starting a series about the challenges of finding work as a freelancer in the COVID economy.
Specifically I am looking for folks in three stages of freelancing during COVID
1. Freelancing for fun/growth - you don’t really need any extra income, you’ve just got a ton of time at home and want to do something productive with it.
2. Freelancing to stay ahead - You got laid off but have savings end credit sufficient to see you through, you’re freelancing to maintain this stability.
3. Freelancing for quick money - you’ve been laid off and you need to get revenue quickly to maintain your lifestyle
4. Break out the ramen - you’ve been laid off for a bit, you’re cutting back on things like staples and food products, entertainment spending is a thing of the past.
5. You’re dodging the landlord in the hopes that you land a gig soon enough to pay them.
When you reply to this please start by telling me which phase you’re in and a bit about why you want/need the work.