We need a simple e-commerce site for a business designing and selling clothing with customized logos.
The site will be an enhanced version of this site [login to view URL] & [login to view URL]
[login to view URL] for garment selection and design selection.
[login to view URL] for design modification.
We will need:
1) An administrative panel where the administrator will
a) Update the catalogue
b) Review the orders made by the users
c) Send the order to production through e-mail
d) Generate an invoice document to print and send out by email
e) Visualize the statistics about the site and products
f) Manage the user’s accounts
g) update designs catalog
h) update the pricing in an excel spreadsheet and upload to website
I) update the advertising window
2) The online catalogue browsable by the users with the usual cart and checkout.
3) The user management with registration and login and the possibility to save their customized product (like [login to view URL])(however on anything that is printed it will have a watermark attached to the print.
4) The application must run on both a stand alone computer for walk in customers and in a website application.
The only non standard feature compared to a normal ecommerce site is the possibility for the user to upload his logo and visualize it on the product he choose (for example a t-shirt). They will be simple 2d images and the logos the users will upload will be overlapped on them. I like the solution [login to view URL] has but if you have another nice and cost effective solution I’ll be glad to hear it.
The [login to view URL] solution does not look modern and smooth, but I like the feature of having the customer see a design with their name and information in it.
I would probably use PHP and Mysql, but I can consider any valid alternatives. Remember in your offering that the site will have to be SEO friendly.
I expect you to specify in the bid:
1) Language (ASP, PHP, ASP.NET etc.)
2) Database (Mysql, Sql-Server, Postgres etc)
3) The way you plan to resolve the issue of the overlapping images
4) Price including the ownership of the code. (It will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law.)
5) Time for the site to be completed.
6) How often you plan to report your work in progress
7) Not compulsory but appreciated some details on you(the more the better) in case you are:
a. Single developer: please send me your curriculum vitae
b. Company: some detail about the company (how many employee it has, date of foundation) and some details (even summarized) about the people that will work on the project.
c. If you already sent me your information on previous project you don’t need to resend them.
8) I’d like to see your portfolio of web sites.
Please avoid automatic responses.
When you will be chosen I will send you a document on how I do plan to manage the project and we can discuss it together to optimize it and to make it work best for both of us
We will also need SEO for this site; it is in a different bid and you can see its detail at the link below. In case you can manage both sides of this project I will be more than happy, otherwise you will work with the winner of the other bid to trim the copy of the site for SEO purpose. So if you already have a partner you work well with encourage them to bid on the SEO project, and please notify me.
Even if you are not chosen for this project but I like your approach, ethics of work and skills I will invite you for all my other projects. I will very soon have other internet site to develop and SEOs to perform on existing sites. I’m looking for stable partners that can deliver quality and results.
For any additional information you may require don’t hesitate to contact me
Thanks in advance for your attention
And special thanks for all the bidders I invited from previous project.