We are looking for writers that will help us write texts for our Web site. Each material should be approximately 300-800 words long. The materials will be published on our Web site. You may be allowed to syndicate your work.
1. Find a topic which is related to RenderX and/or its products and technologies – a topic that is of most interest to you and you feel you can describe effectively and efficiently (your skills, background, knowledge give you an edge in this particular area) – by a strike of inspiration, eureka moment, or methodological approach. The latter may look like the following:
a. Read carefully our Web site ([url removed, login to view]), mail list archives, external Web sites, forums, discussion groups.
b. Find topics that have not been covered or have not been covered comprehensively (explicitly, clearly) on our Web site or external resources, yet may represent significant interest to potential clients and deserves to be published on the RenderX Web site.
2. Make your bid specifying:
b. Overall delivery time in days and length of each stage (draft, second draft, final version)
c. Estimated number of work hours for the entire project and each stage
3. Please also include your resume, samples/examples of your previous work, and links to your work on the Web, if applicable.
Successful candidates will be given a priority in considering for the longer term engagement (see the below description of Technical Writer / Support Engineer that we are trying to find ultimately).
Technical Writer / Support Engineer
RenderX is looking for an experienced technical support specialist that will help it to:
1. Document, analyze, and structure information about its products and technologies.
2. Help it choose the right software platform(s) for the use by the sales force, clients, and Web site visitors.
3. Write materials for the corporate Web sites and other Web resources and publish and distribute these materials, when applicable.
4. Reply in public Web forums and discussions, as well as answer customer support inquiries.
5. Possibly, prepare and conduct technical presentations / demonstrations of the products and technologies
This is intended to be a one-month project that can be extended for another month. In case of success, the right candidate may be offered a long-term engagement.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and possess a combination of skills of support engineer, technical writer, and editor… as well as of graphic artist, video maker, and a bit of marketing manager.
Requirements to candidates:
• Proficiency in written English, experience in writing technical texts
o Providing sample and/or example of previous work is a plus
o Fluency in spoken English is a plus (without a difficult-to-understand accent – most of the clients are in the U.S.)
o Understanding of Web marketing technologies is a plus
o Experience with graphic software and/or video editing software is a plus, yet not required
• High general IT aptitude
o Knowledge of XML, XSLT, XSL-FO technologies is a plus
• Experience in knowledge base, Web self-help, QnA, and/or FAQ systems is a plus, which may be helpful in identifying the right software to be implemented
6 freelancers are bidding on average $93 for this job
Currently I am working for Acer at London 2012 Olympic Games project. I am part of a team that is responsible for providing first line support to the users and the Olympic sites.