According to the ever insightful Urban Dictionary, copywriting is “the stupid shit that gets in your way while trying to watch porn”.
You know all of those ‘random’ ads you keep getting?
The ones that seem to speak to your deepest darkest desires and fears? Well they’re not so random. C’mon you know what you’ve been searching…
…And so do we, because we create them! Yeah, that’s right.
We’ve been studying you. We’ve been targeting you. We know EVERYTHING about you.
Well Zuckerberg, Larry, Sergey and their team from Facebook and Google are doing most of it but you get the point.
In short, “This is the fast lane, folks...and some of us like it here”.
Are someone who believes that the execution is more important than the idea
Can transcribe whatever is going on in your sick and twisted head into words
Passionately despise lame ass vanilla copy like “let’s make sure we are on the same page about pineapple on pizza and coriander”
Believe that, “If you’re going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you’re going to be locked up”. “Have no taste for either poverty or honest labor, so writing is the only recourse left”. Then stop what you’re doing and submit your CV.
Like, right now.
About Search It Local:
Search It Local is a digital marketing agency with Australia’s largest client base. We help businesses grow. “Leverage, portfolio, fiduciary”, yada yada yada you know the rest.
About the role:
- Do you like writing emails that even the Daily Mail would turn their nose up at for being too clickbait-y?
- Or how about writing Facebook copy that will teeter on the verge of being reported by hundreds of people while being loved by THOUSANDS?
- Do you like creating ads that trigger people more than Donald Trump, gender pronouns, abortion laws (are they strict enough? Just kidding), vaccines, ufo’s, bad internet speeds, not selling burgers in Italian restaurants and Centrelink hold music?
Then you have come to the right place.
Still with us?
Good. Offended or triggered?
Or planning to send us an application where you point out spelling errors or punctuation mistakes? (Please call us out but not for lame ass crap like spelling and punctuation).
If so please go to the next ad.
What will the average day look like?
- Writing email copy that forces even your neighbor’s dog to open it up and read what it says (we fully expect you to be literate in woof-talk)
- Producing eye-catching Facebook copy that will have people saying “shut up and take my f*cking money”
- Staying on top of successful ‘up in ya grill’ direct response tactics
- Researching new strategies to alter our direct response marketing
- Having the mentality of being able to always ‘turn that frown upside down’. Basically having the ability to look for the silver linings in every situation!
Skills and Experience:
We have all the support and training systems in place to make sure you reach your goals, but, ultimately your success will depend on your effort, dedication and attitude.
You decide how much you want to accomplish. Attitude is more important than experience.
TL;DR: This might be the most random gig in the world.
Think you have what it takes to join the unofficial best company to work for in Australia?
Send over your CV, the old you would do it!
P.S We have placed a few random things in this ad please find them and we will give you a prize.
20 freelancers are bidding on average $56/hour for this job
I am a freelancer seeking for a best opportunity. Thought I am freelancer I have done some works regarding this field. So, it will help me in self development and help me in building my confidence.
Hii!! I just saw your post about copy writing, I have many experience in copy writing. I can write up to 42WPM without error. I hope we can work together. Thank you.
Hi, I wasn't gonna apply but than I saw you guys are into Porn. Those ads need improvement ASAP. I would be happy to work with a team and make improvements on things that I love.