I’m looking for a programmer to create simple 2d game on C (+ + or #). The game consists several elements:
1 - Client-server part database. Players should join and leave game servers any time without problems for the game process. Each game server should easily fit up to 300 players. The servers restart every 3 hours. Player get their scores when server restarts. Scores should be visible in the game and on the website.
2 - The game has two playing fields - a global map and city screen. The graphical design of both is already drawn. Global map is divided into 256x256 pixels ( to reduce memory ). The map should be supported by directx. There are some objects that has to be placed on the global map (city + the road). Players move along the roads between cities by different modes of transport. City grow should be programmed by hex system.
3 – Game play math. In cities players spend most time of the game and that the place where they make their money. All gaming devices (logic formula + games) are clearly described in the TO DO LIST.
The programmer is required:
- Experience with servers and knowledge of the right technologies to support a large number of players on the server
- Experience in creating big programs / games. Demonstrate your experience is required!
- Clear schedule of what programmer is going to do and in what period of time
- Constant communication on Skype only!
- Work with the GUI, directx. The ability to optimize the program.
- Insert sound and video in the game (codec xvid can be supported by free library for ffmpeg)
- Program that provides "serial key" for a one-time activation.
- Payment for the game depends on the time-$ 2,000 if the game is done within 40 days, $ 1,500 if it’s done longer then 40 days.
- Game TO DO LIST is clearly describe all in game options on 20 sheets of word + a lot of pictures GUI + logic interface. Everything is described in great details! Confusion is impossible.
- I’m on Skype all the time and available at any moment for any questions during programming process.
. The game will be distributed in the U.S. market including Steam program. Some more additional work is planed for programmer after release for additional money ( new features, patches and addons )
To see some of the game basics, please, download this file - [url removed, login to view] ( please, read readme file for information ).