We require a gun C++ developer to take a small Python script that we have developed (1000 lines of code), and rewrite this as a cross-platform C++ application. It needs to be able to be compiled to run on *nix and Windows platforms. The high level details are:
- read a config file (ini file-like)
- read in text data files in a couple of formats (csv and fixed length)
- compare the records from the files (using BSD third party libraries) and based on the result output the resultatant records to another file.
- app will be called via cmd line with params (could be a dll or similar)
- several reports need to be generated with summary results (data only)
- there is no GUI component.
- it needs to be multi-threaded and thread-safe (run more than one instance at a time)
- there is no documentation with the script, you will need to read the Python script and develop from this.
The reason we require a gun developer is that this app needs to run *fast*. Currently it processes multiple files consisting of several hundred thousand records in a few seconds. We cannot have any degradation in performance.
We require this done and completed (ready for QA) by the end of May, with some tweaking after this point based on the QA results.
There will be some additonal features added in the next version due for release in September this year, however this will be listed as another project.
All source code and resources will be delivered to us upon the successful completion of the project, and all IP will remain the sole property of ReDigital. The developer will be required to sign a consulting contract to this effect.
12 freelancers are bidding on average $671 for this job
Hello, I am expert and dedicated in C++ Development.I am very much interested for your project. I can complete your project quickly and efficiently in time. Details will be discussed in the message.
I have experience in performance programming and have a profound knowledge of both requested programming language. Please check the personal message for further details.