Create a program, applicable to an issue of interest to you. Obviously, the simpler or more elementary it is, the simpler your grade is (as in below average). Your objective is to create a program that incorporates much &acirc;€“ if not all &acirc;€“ of what we have covered in these six (6) chapters.
For instance, ideally, you want your form to include (but not necessarily limited to) the following:
1. Labels and labels that present outcome(s)
2. Textboxes for alphabetical characters (i.e., a name) and numeric characters.
3. Error check/advisory messages (for instance: Name should not contain numbers; Number invalid; submit positive number, etc. (whatever you choose to advise))
4. List boxes to which output is projected (or is shown)
5. Text files from which data may be looked up and/or to which data may be added
6. Radio buttons or checkboxes
7. Drop-down menus
8. Photos (such as alternating visible photos)
9. Arithmetic calculation(s)
10. IF THEN(s), embedded IF THEN (ELSEIFS)
11. And/or LOOP(s)
12. Select Case(s)
&acirc;€¢ Your code should contain internal comments, of course.
&acirc;€¢ Identify on your form what feature each section demonstrates. For instance, put in parentheses is a certain section utilizes a text file, If statement, Case, of Random generator .
Also, I may have you create a &acirc;€œREQUIREMENTS DOCUMENT.&acirc;€ (You&acirc;€™ve seen these when you&acirc;€™ve attempted your Case Programming Assignments. Do not cringe. Creating the Requirements Document is going to help out formulate specifically what your program is going to do. It may also help you avoid &acirc;€œscope creep&acirc;€ or biting off more than you can chew.)
Consider writing your code (and creating events) in an iterative fashion, first building a simple form, then making it more complex. That is, build one layer of functionality at a time. (First, aim for &acirc;€œC&acirc;€ project that you can complete, then complete it. Next, revisit your project and add second layer of complexity (aiming for a &acirc;€œB&acirc;€ ) that you can complete. Finally, go for the &acirc;€œA&acirc;€ and wow me.