We require an individual with expertise in organic chemistry and experience in lab work in a commercial environment. The deliverable: The successful applicant will develop an estimated timeline for the synthesis of 100g of the chosen compound (this will be supplied later). The timeline will be used to screen lab workers efficiency and competence.
1) Familiarize with the reaction
Read the literature we will provide you with and search organic chemistry online to find the work up
(These tasks are very easy and quick to do)
2) Type a detailed workup based on what you have learned
- A title including chemical formula, chemical structure etc.
- Workup to be formatted in bullet points and broken down into steps
- To list all materials necessary
- To specify equipment used where applicable
- To give all quantities in grams, mols, litres, dm3, and provide temperatures and times.
(most of the above work is done for you, just clean it up, add detail, bullet points)
3) Timeline the synthesis (Most Important part of this job)
Now that the bullet points are done, enter them into an excel file under the heading steps.
In the next column entitled "shortest time", enter the expected time it would take a chemist to complete. In the next column entitled "longest time", enter the expected time it would take a qualified chemist to complete. Where you think a saving of 10% or more time could be made should a particular piece of equipment or alternative method be implemented; then give the details in a seperate column. could reduce the chemists input or the overall cost.
(Do not spare time on this part it is crucial that your estimates are accurate and well thought out)
Based on this work we will decide if the successful applicant is to work further with us on a more extensive project.
Please let us know if you are capable of completing this job along with your price and timeframe.