Role: Business development
We are looking for someone to generate and qualify high quality prospects for Southampton Data Science Academy’s data science online courses. As well as your basic salary, appointments you book which convert into sales will be incentivised and rewarded. LinkedIn experience is essential as this platform will be used to find, connect and approach prospects.
You should be able to demonstrate a high attention to detail, whilst also being able to work efficiently and complete tasks on time. As the role requires communication with customers, it is imperative you have a strong command of spoken and written english.
- Build and organise LinkedIn prospect lists
- Communicate the product/service effectively and understand the concept
- Use LinkedIn Sales Navigator and utilise the key features to generate good-fit, accurate prospects
- Learn, understand and present SDSA’s services to prospects
- Qualify the prospect and convert to lead in Pipedrive
- Pass qualified leads over to the sales team
Skills you need, systems you will be using
- Must have a strong command of spoken and written english
- Must be comfortable to communicate regularly and efficiently on Slack with us
- Comfortable using Google Mail/Calendar/Drive/Pipedrive CRM
- Competent using either google worksheets or excel and be able to quickly, sort cleanse and quality assure data
- Experience using LinkedIn and Sales Navigator
- Ability to use Zapier is a bonus
Our hiring process:
- We shortlist candidates to speak to
- 30 min telephone / skype call / we get to know each other
- 3-5 candidates shortlisted
- $25 paid interview assignment (we will pay via Freelancer)
- Final interview with sales lead and Founder
We are looking to employ the successful candidate for 4 half days a week (3/4 hours a day). Communication with us is key for the role and therefore we ask that the candidate can work within UK working hours.