I need to find Top and successful internet & mobile companies founded in USA and Europe with the potential to replicate them in Latin America.
To do that, I create an Excel Spreadsheet to fill it in with specific information that can be find on [url removed, login to view]
What I need to be found on Crunchbase is the following:
• Only online & mobile businesses (offering products and/or services through internet or mobile apps)
• It must be founded in USA and/or Europe
• It must have a minimum accumulated investment of USD 30M (30 million united states dollar).
• Founded date from 2003 to 2012 (included)
What I do NOT want:
• Software companies, Software as a Service (SAAS), hardware companies, videogames, telecommunication, wireless, retail and any other business that doesn’t offer a product/service through internet or mobile.
HOW TO DO THE RESEARCH ON CRUNCHBASE ([url removed, login to view]):
1. Start using the Company Filters - General – Founded Year – and always search between 2 years, i.e. from 2003 to 2004; from 2004 to 2005; from 2005 to 2006; etc. That’s the most efficient way to do it. Marked in red in the first rectangle of the image below.
2. Add the minimum funding amount of 30000000 (30 Millions). Marked in red in the second rectangle of the image below.
3. After you choose these two filters, the results will automatically appear on the right side of the screen and you have to do scroll down to see all of them.
4. If the description of the company says that is offering an online or mobile product or service, you open it on another tab to copy the information needed to start filling the Excel Spreadsheet.
5. The information that you need to copy from the company profile page is the following. Please consider that in this case I will add the information provided on the Udemy company profile as an example for you ([url removed, login to view]):
o Main Category - in this case is Education
o Name of the Company - Udemy
o Website – [url removed, login to view]
o Year founded – 2010
o Funding (M USD) – 113
o Market – In this case because in the description says that is “a global marketplace….”, so global means Worldwide and you have to add it on the spreadsheet. If it doesn’t say nothing, you keep that cell unfiled. It can also have said USA, Europe or any other country or region. In any case and if you find the information in the description you just fill the cell with that.
o Description: Udemy is the online learning and teaching marketplace. Its mission is to help anyone learn anything.
o Crunchbase link: [url removed, login to view]
6. Find the print screen of the Excel Spreadsheet that you need to fill with the above information. In black with yellow highlight is the information of the example company above – Udemy – so you know how to fill it.
7. All the companies that meet the above Criteria must be filled on this spreadsheet.
1. We will do a test where you will work for 1 hour and send me the file so I can know how and how many companies you add it.
2. If the information is accurate and the number of companies that you can add in one hour is also enough for my standard, you will keep the task until you finish it.