I am looking for a competent telemarketer. The gig does not involve tight deadlines and I would prefer 5-10 hrs per week over numerous weeks.
The gig is to call Australian High Schools on the list I provide, speak to a particular type of School Leader (as described in the instructions), gain the leader’s interest in our school-wide professional development program and to book a 20-min phone meeting with me if the leader is interested. If the leader is not interested in the phone meeting then you strive to have them agree to receiving marketing information from us 4 times per year.
The telemarketer needs to be available for at least 2 hrs of calls per day 3-5 days per week between the hours of 10am and 4pm Sydney, Australia time, Australia being in a very different time zone to most freelancers!
- There will be no time limits, rather you need to make some regular calls daily or every second day. i.e if the first gig is 50 calls it might take you 2 days, or 2 weeks to complete. As long as you are making regular calls I’m happy.
- We start with a smallish sample (say, 50 calls). Then we chat on the phone, see what we need to change and proceed from there (the gig could stretch to 1000 calls or more)
- The list is not 100% accurate (I think it is about 60% accurate). It is not worth my time to Google all the numbers as most of them are already correct! I’m happy to log an incorrect number called as one call as long as you then google for the correct number (20 second task), correct the number and call that one i.e. you log 2 calls in total when there’s an incorrect number. I think that’s more than fair?!?
- I will reimburse you on Freelancer for your prep time which I expect will be 1-2 hours.
- I have spent around 10 hours compiling detailed information (in a Google Doc and on a video) that I have prepared for this gig. You will be speaking with highly competent people and need to understand what my organisation offers, what to say, and what not to say.
- i.e. You need to sound like you are part of my organisation and not like a ‘telemarketer’!
- The script is not straight-forward. I have written several scripts for different scenarios. You need to be able to go ‘off script’ to deal with the different types of responses you will get. This is why I have spent so much time preparing the information.
- We offer different types of courses (will share the website link after we have discussed)
- If you agree to these conditions then I need to speak with you first. (I will call you at a time you suggest)
- You need to be able to use Google Docs and to be able and willing to add comments in Google Docs.
- Communication between us needs to be crystal clear. If I ask a question you need to answer it. That’s not much to ask but the last guy didn’t answer my questions which caused me to waste time!!
- Once you have read and watched the information I’ll send you a 2-min survey to complete. I need to know that you understand exactly what is required.
I know I’m being pedantic here but I am very easy to work with as long as you are an equally good communicator. I always look for win-win situations and long-term relationships. I want this to be a successful gig and I’d like an ongoing, working relationship with a quality telemarketer. Other work may flow on form this.
My aim is for you to be happy and for me to write you a glowing review.
I have used Freelancer.com people in the past and it hasn’t gone well because I was not specific enough and did not demand 100% communication.
If you have further questions, please ask here.
22 freelancers are bidding on average $18/hour for this job
I have been an Outbound/Telemarketing Sales Rep in B2B/B2C for 4 years. I have been able to close many sales in many different campaigns. Looking forward to be working with you hand in hand! God bless you always!