MY business opreation is of wholesale Gem stones, mainly diamods. i have searched online for months & tried trial versions of various inventory software including Peachtree & Ms Access. but non of them fulfill my need. first of all i don't need PO's or sales order. inventory and accounting aspects may be combined or seperate. most of the features provided by peachtree are usefull which can give you some guide line, but need some extras & exclude some useless stuff.
lets go step by step: INVENTORY.
First on Main Menu, a selection to go to customer info where memorandum, invoices, memo returns, invoice credits, cust details update, etc can be made. And Lot Number where stock, nonstock lots can be added, reduced, transfered, splits, edits, be made. and other options for various kinds of search and reports.
1) in lot numbers, receive goods in units Carats ( Ex: [url removed, login to view] ) & dollar price per carat ( 2 decimals all over ). Option to receive as a Stock Lot ( Ex: 601- 101, autonumber increasing; 601-102... 601-999, 602-100, 602- 101... ) & receive as non-stock lot ( ex: 0410-00, 0410-01... ). All costing methods to be Average/cts. also be able to creat a lot number without a carat or price ( empty ).
2) Be able to return or reduce cts ( not edit ) to the vendor or loss pespectively at a price manually added.
3) be able to transfer. ex: lot no. 600-145 has [url removed, login to view] at price $400 per cts & lot no. 0745-27 has [url removed, login to view] at price $ 350 per cts. i should be able to transfer ( merge partially or full ) 40.25 cts from 600-145 lot to 0745-27 lot at a price manually entered. then the on-hand of each lot should show me the total cts whatever reduced or increased with average price [ ( Total value before transfer + total added value ) divide by total carats after added transfer. same for reduced lot. ]
4) in customer page, be albe to print a Memorandum ( Merchandice given to a customer on consignment basis ). should show a cust. memo to, ship to, automatic with the input of cust code (alpha- abbreviation of a name), or borwse thru a list of all the cust active or not active. edit or update a certain memo with the option to print or not, if print, then with code (cost code - alpha) or without. then entering new memo and printing it, must print two copies; one with code for office use, and one without code for customer.
5) be able to invoice full or partial a certain memo or couple of memos in one invoice, & option to print. no code required. ( Ex: if memo # 100872 has line number 3 containing 100cts, & i invoice that line only 75cts then the balance 25cts should be on memo on that perticular line number 3 unless returned .
6) be able to make full or partial returns on memorandum. same to invoice credits ( returns on cts if merchandice returned after invoice. and reduction on total value if discounts applied or partial or full payment received. details to be shown as codes on side or deseciption.)
7) be able to view history on lots, transfers, cust , cust memos, cust invioces, etc. passwords simple to remember like months, weeks, to be applied on imp transactions. be able to void transactions to avoide mistakes & its corrections viewable in its history.
8) option to view picture/image in case of a jewelry piece.
NOTE:- this feature may be used in future. currently its occational.
9) Customer info may be displayed in 2-3 pages. mainly contact info, bill to, ship to, lact activity, total value given ( memo + invoice ), total dues- current -past , credit limit, terms, payment days- avg-history, sales rep, account since, references, 1 page for any other details of description. prompt with password when total due + total already on memo + current printing new memo or invoice goes beyond credit limit.
Accounting aspect in universally standard with vendor, customer, shipping method, employes, utilities, banks, etc. database. i want them with unlimited entry limits or nearly unlimited entry limits. but inventory and accounting should be somehow related. they may be combined in one software or have two seperate softwares. your suggestions are welcome and appreciated..
There may be more requirements but this is what i can think of now. But above details are overall basic guidelines. if something i have not mentioned then they are expected to be understood by you as general/obvious business requirements. extra graphics or designs are not required. try to make it in a way that occupies least possible memory space on my computer as i may have numerous applications running at the same time. currently our organizations has 2 people working with the computer. in future there may/will be more users of this application, hence multi user function with creating username and password for login & limit access to certain features is additional on which suggestions are welcome/appreciated.
29 freelancers are bidding on average $355 for this job
I hv good experience of developing ur reuired type of s/w. You can see my profile for my previously done work. I assure you that i would put in best my efforts to make ur s/w a worth. Thanks
we can do this project we have developed many inventory system for our clients and many desktop datatabse applciations. Please visit our website and view our profile: [login to view URL]