This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a personal project I've been wanting to start for sometime.
I need an application/macro/software that can convert CricInfo's 'ball by ball commentary' & match scorecards into an individual standardised Microsoft Excel files. Key considerations for the successful collaborator will be:
- A good communicator (I will need to have a brief Skype chat with the winning bidder to ensure clarity).
- Able to produce an application to navigate CricInfo's archive system and collect ball by ball commentary data for all past ODIs, Tests, T20s and domestic games for which they have ball by ball data.
- Ability to create an application that can navigate CricInfo's ball by ball commentary archive system into the future (even if it requires minor user input from this end), after delivery of the application.
-Clearly a passion and understanding for cricket will be a plus here! Tell me a bit about yourself and the game in your bid!
-While this intial part of the project does not require SQL skills an understanding of SQL databases will be of use in constructing these databases for future use. Comment on these in your bid.
This is a personal project and not business related so the if the cost is too high then the project will sadly be delayed to a time when I can afford it. But with that said I hope to meet a collaborator who can work with me into the future on this as it's very clear
Looking forward to working with the lucky collaborator! I will forward an extended outline of the project to bids which attract my attention.
Can't wait guys. Get bidding! Any questions, hit me up!
Include in your bid:
- How easy you feel this project will be given your skills?
- Have attempted similar datascraping projects in the past?
- Do you like cricket?
- Do you have SQL sensibilities?
- Tell me a little about yourself, I like working with interesting people!
9 freelancers are bidding on average $199 for this job
I have a good understanding of sport related websites and I am completely awared of the Cricket..I am new to this field with only one freelance project on my back [url removed, login to view]