1. The app need to work within 1 local network (communicate through WiFi network).
2. This is an ordering system for restaurant. There will be one iPad acting as a server within the local network, where all the information is stored, and the rest of the iPads or possibly iPod touch will talk to this iPad.
3. The information stored in the server iPad will be synchronised with an online server where a web based system will be used to pull up the data (if you are not an expertise in website development, this part can be omitted, but I need the infrastructure to be ready to synchronise with an online server.
4 main interfaces:
1. For Waiters (this will be an iPod touch). The purpose for this interface is to checking in or out customers
a. Waiter should be able to see the list of available and unavailable tables
b. When clicking on the table number, the waiter can check the customer in or out (checkout - get the bill).
c. should be able to enter the number of people sitting on the table
d. can indicate whether the customer has discount voucher or not (Yes/No button)
e. can transfer customer from one table to another (this will bring along all active orders in any).
f. When a customer call the waiter, there should be some sort of notification appears (flashing icon may be)
g. When the flashing on the table number is clicked (the flashing should stop)
2. For Customers (this will be an iPad - one for each table - will need to be associated with the table number)
a. Customers can start using the app only after the waiter check them in
b. The app should stay open.
c. The interface will contains menu - menu category on the left
d. Each dish will have 1 photo with description. When the thumbnail is clicked, a larger version of the image will be displayed.
e. customer can put the number of items and place the order.
f. Each dish can have 1 category
g. button to call a waiter
h. button to checkout
i. a button to see all items in the order
j. the ability to cancel items
3. For Chefs (Kitchen) (iPad)
a. a list of order item as it came through
b. can click on start preparing and then mark it as ready
c. It will be good to have an option to put an estimated cooking time (can be added later)
4. Admin interface (highest access level)
a. allow user to add table and number of seats
b. allow user to add new menu (category, upload images, price)
c. view individual order of individual tables
d. cancel individual item on an order
e. check customer in or out just like what the Waiters can do
There is another interface which is the web interface, please let me know if this cannot be done.
The web interface basically connect to the database on an online server and can talk to the iPad. Well, the iPad is the one that pushing data to the live server.
However, the local network should be enough to get the system running. If for some reason, the restaurant lost its internet connection, the data will still be stored locally on the iPad acting as the server and will only then be synched with the website once the internet is back up.
The web interface should:
1. Should allow user to do the same functions as the iPad Admin interface
2. However, if the budget doesn't allow and we need to cut the cost, I only need the web interface to do all the read actions, no need to be able to push action back to the iPad.
I will also need a manual to setup and test the system.
Please give me a quote in term of price and time frame.
It'll be good if you can show me some portfolio.
I need the system to be developed ASAP.
42 freelancers are bidding on average $5092 for this job
Please accept my bid to assign a team of dedicated iOS developers and designers for your iPad Menu and Ordering App project. Kindly open PMB to discuss your project further and move ahead. Thanks, Sushil
Hi, Thanks for posting an interesting project.we can deliver the project in full perfection.please check your PMB for future communication. Thanks®ards Vishal chouhan.
hi sir, i have check your post in details and i can develop app with all the features you have describe in project description. please see private message for details.