We need to develop custom popup menu component for Delphi 2010. Here are main requirements:
1) Each menu element should support PNG image in front of caption - icon image.
2) Each menu element should support PNG image after caption - description image.
3) Each menu element may have sub menu (with the same features as popup menu).
4) Each menu element may have label after caption.
5) The total amount of menu elements could be more than 500, so you have to optimize the code.
6) The contents of popup menu could be displayed in several columns OR it could be displayed as single column with up and down scroll buttons OR your own solution.
7) If you will implement popup menu as single column then scrolling up and down should be smooth and fast, without 5-10 sec delays.
IMPORTANT: You should be good with optimizing system resources. For example: you can draw menu in advance with -10 and +10 hidden elements. That will speed up showing menu and scrolling up and down for first time… This is just one example what could be done.
8) The popup menu COULD be a form with dynamic contents on it or created based on system’s popup menu component.
9) There will be pattern PNG images for regular menu element, for active menu element and for background of the popup menu.
That’s all general ideas what you need to implement, if you have any question, feel free to ask via PM.
Waiting for your bids