Please read fully! We want a 1-hour consult and then hire to build out API as follow up. Bid on the consultation.
We have a windows .exe app that we want to create a windows service and run on Azure as an API. It is written in Delphi. I am looking for practical advice from someone that knows the ins and outs of building a robust API. We have a developer that will make modifications to the executable app. Currently the app processes .CSV batch files with 1000's of rows. This will change for the API as it will process 1 record at a time. We want to host the API on Azure and need advice on the best way to do it. Initially, we can spin up a server as needed, but eventually, it will need to be high-availability. There is no need for any coding of the core application. This is more of a developing a wrapper and picking an implementation method. If you have experience using Delphi that is a plus. You must have a clear vision of implementing the API on Azure and need someone with experience doing it. We know that we want a RestFul API and the response will be JSON. Be prepared to discuss the pitfalls of API versioning, authentication and ideas of saving/storing/editing API keys. In addition, we want to be able to measure transactions for customer billing. Due to the nature of this project, it will go in stages. Please discuss your specific experience and how this project is a fit for your skillset. To show you have read this, add your favorite animal in all caps as the first word in your bid. Initial testing will be done on a local apache web server.
You should be able to answer these questions. Make your bid based on a 1-hour consultation to discuss these questions.
1. When compiling the Delphi application, what must be done differently, if anything to create is as a service?
2. 32 bit vs 64-bit compile, does it make a difference?
3. What issues have you experienced with using an API service that was built the Delphi?
4. To be efficient as a service, what are best the practices to follow in modifying the applications? Now it runs, loads config files (some of which are large), processes .CSV files in batch and terminates.
5. The API must be high-availability. To support multiple clients, each with their own config setup, what are considerations? Should each client config data be stored in memory? There is about 1MB-2MB of data per client.
6. If we first test the API on a local windows Apache server, is it easily portable to Azure?
7. What type of Azure instance would you recommend to provide a balance of cost and speed?
8. Anything else that shows you have the expertise to do this project?
We see many auto-bids. If you do not take the time to read our posting, we will not respond. To show that you read this posting, put your favorite color as the first word in your bid.
5 freelancers are bidding on average $154 for this job
Hi, My name is Cristhian an experienced developer, I read all your description and I am so interested in, I would appreciate a lot if we discuss details in [login to view URL] regards