Implementation of a cost-based triangle count reduction algorithm (vertex/edge/face collapse) in Delphi (2010 compatible).
We are looking for an implementation, which
- builds on an existing basic triangle mesh library that will be supplied by us
- is reasonably fast and robust
- respects constraints, such as smoothing groups
- produces optimal, artifact-free(!), results on arbitrary meshes
- is sufficiently documented (code comments)
Suggested interface: Implementation as a method of the TTriMeshObject class. This method should take either a cost threshold or a target face count as a parameter, generate the optimized mesh and return TRUE, if successful.
Additional note: We already have a working implementation of a mesh simplification algorithm (as described here: [url removed, login to view]), which unfortunately produces a number of fatal artifacts, such as non-manifold faces. Therefore we are looking now for a more sophisticated solution.