I’m looking for new excellent writers to join my team. You will have to provide original, high quality written content on various topics I will assign to you, from snippets and medium-length (400-500 words) articles to reports and e-books. I'm also having translations in mind as a future plan... hopefully I'll get some.
So let’s set a few things straight before you bid. Please read carefully.
1. I need INDIVIDUAL writers. Not companies or other writers who outsource their work. This is a MUST.
2. I WILL pay you for your work. I am perfectly aware you work hard to earn your money, and I’ve been scammed a few times myself. I can pay you via PayPal or Freelancer – your call. As I give all new writers equal chance to prove themselves to me, please bid if you accept $0.3 per 100 words as a starting point.
3. Don’t be superficial. I am a writer myself, so please be assured I can tell the difference between an article and fluff/bulk writing. If you’re not in the mood to work or find a certain topic tedious, TELL ME. Trust me, I get it. I really appreciate honesty and won’t be angry, it happens to me as well. But please don’t do it for the sake of doing it and getting paid. Because I WILL be angry because of that. I will either ask you to start over until you make it great or won’t pay you :)
4. I’m very strict with deadlines, so I would expect you to commit to that as well. If deadlines aren’t your cup of tea, then you’re not quite the writer I’m looking for. I usually expect most tasks to be completed within 24 hours or more and am an all-nighter, so you don’t have to worry about keeping up with UK time. Which brings me to:
5. I don’t care if you’re not a native English speaker as long as your English is at least 99% perfect :). Mild errors are okay at first, I wouldn’t want you to feel discouraged by the idea of stringent language requirements. I will give you straightforward, non-judgmental feedback if you want me to. I would really like it if you earned more than money out of all this. But you must demonstrate a certain level of knowledge in order to make this possible. This is why I don’t expect you to be perfect, but excellent.
6. Serious bidders only, please. So please don’t do this to me: “Dear lovely, alluring and enchanting madam, your search ends here. I am the best you can get. I can write and proofread at the speed of light, I am miraculous, invincible and talented.” Or this: “see PMB”. Keep it simple, but unique. Point out your skills without bragging about them.
7. Don’t bother wasting your money on sponsored bids. I really don’t care about that. Placing your bid at the top may increase the chances of being picked, but not by me. It doesn’t necessarily make you a top bidder.
8. Skype/Gtalk would be ideal. I will often ask for updates. Please don’t feel rushed or pressured when I do so, it’s just routine check :P.
9. I know emergencies can occur, and when they do, please let me know asap. And don’t lie to me. It’s okay if you don’t want to/can’t complete a task; just don’t come up with silly excuses. If you notify me on a timely manner, I will pay you for what you will have managed to write up to that point. BUT don’t turn this into a habit :).
10. I’m pretty easy to get along with once you get to know me, so you can turn to me for many other things besides work. For most of us, things become stressful enough once we go offline. So I'll try to be more than the one who pays you.
So. Please include “Bender” in your bid for me to be sure you’ve read the instructions. Feel free to include a sample of your previous work on any topic, but please make sure it’s at least 200 words long. Thanks for reading & happy bidding! Very looking forward to read your samples :)