We are a small publishing agency in the centre of Zurich and are looking for an experienced editor / magazine producer (english mother tongue) who can manage project(s) on a freelance basis. The tasks range from story planning, coordinating with authors, to final text control. Professional journalistic experience with a magazine or a newspaper is a must, as are excellent language skills.
• Assign and supervise the work of outside contributors and freelance writers.
• Establish and enforce deadlines.
• Traffic and track copy, photos, and layouts for all editorial pages.
• Check on all content for style, accuracy, and meaning.
• Ensure all copy and art elements are ready for page layouts and design.
• Proofread text, check corrections, and review digital files of all editorial pages.
• Write small text elements, story briefs, interview-questions, table of contents, as well as heads, decks, captions, and pull quotes as needed.
This assignment requires at least 2 years of experience as an editor, producer, copy editor or managing editor with a magazine or a newspaper. Additional experience or a background in the medical industry is a strong plus.
• Microsoft Word, Microsoft Entourage, Adobe PDF
• Excellent editing and language skills. Native language English.
• Impeccable eye for detail.
• Proven multitasker. Able to organize and manage multiple responsibilities. Positive attitude, strong management skills, and a good sense of humor.
• Ability to motivate external contributors and freelance writers
24 freelancers are bidding on average $5063 for this job
Hi! Professional magazine editor here, previously with experience in Asian media groups but now based in Scandinavia. Medical background too. Please read PM for details.
Dear client, I have a wealth of experience in publications (newspapers, magazines and ooks) and I am very confident about such an assignment. Please check your pm for more details.