We need a Curriculum Expert for the Japanese/Latin language. This is a 100% remote Opportunity with our reputed Ed-tech client based in the USA. The role is termed Learning Design Strategist.
The candidate should be proficient in pedagogy, curriculum, and world language instruction based on the ACTFL standards and language acquisition approach experience as an (executive) editor is an example role in education & publishing is ideal but not required.
The candidate will write Scope and Sequence and curriculum mapping plans, author student-facing online lessons and assessments (on occasion), review/edit lessons and assessments (daily), build templates for other subject matter experts (SME)(writers) to use to support their authoring of lessons and assessments, check the quality and implement training and coaching for the team.
You are a strong and personable leader who knows that success is built on a foundation of great relationships, effective teamwork, excellent listening skills, superlative communication, and an innovative, solution-oriented approach. This involves using a consultative client management process, listening to their needs, and delivering customized solutions. Most importantly, you have an eye for detail and a commitment to quality assurance so that every course is perfect for students.
You will be part of designing and building an online courseware experience for K-12. You are a master-level educator and curriculum designer who can think in entirely new ways.
● Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s in Education or related field, preferred
● K-12 teaching: Public or public charter school experience preferred. Virtual school experience is a plus
● 5 or more years of related experience working with academic content in an Academic or Publishing environment in K-12. Digital content writing and publishing experience preferred
● Experience in developing and managing K-12 digital, supplemental, and print and digital products
● Experience leading virtual teams and working with onshore/offshore teams is a plus
● Solid copyediting and proofreading experience
● Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability, and maturity
● Ability to manage external vendors and freelancers effectively
● Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed, and able to
handle multiple priorities with demanding time frames
● Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality
● Strong problem-solving ability and flexibility approaching problems; strong collaborative and motivational skills when working with internal and external teams; customer service-oriented skills when working with clients
● Must be detail-oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks, and able to delegate appropriate responsibilities