We require an evaluation board to be designed to characterize the performance of a battery charger IC, the CN3082 from Consonance Electronics.
- Concurrent measurement of input and output voltages and currents, and voltage of temperature pin and charge status pin with resolution of 2 mV and 2 uA and accuracy of 5 mV and 5 uA, using an onboard multichannel ADC. To achieve the required accuracy, calibration trimmer pots may be added to the design.
- Use low-value current shunts and op-amp buffered voltage taps to minimize measurement disturbance of circuit under test.
- Measurement devices (op-amps, ADCs, etc.) will be powered separately and will communicate through an I2C bus to a off-board device through a standard pin header.
- Measurement devices must have suitable filtering as well as input protection so that they are not damaged if their power is disconnected while the device under test remains powered.
- CN3082 device under test will have headers for general input and output connections to the board, as well as a JST header for solar input connection to a 6V, 600 mA solar panel, and an SMD 18650 battery holder for output.
- Wherever possible, components should be chosen that are SMD, and are easy to hand assemble (at least 0.5mm pin pitch, 0603 - 0805 passives, etc.)
- Some specific devices may need to be utilized in the design, as we may have parts already on hand. More details will come.
- Board schematic to be checked by our team so that any revisions can be made by us before going forward.
- List of which signals connected to which ADC channels, and conversion factors (in mV/count or uA/count).
- Bill of materials which shall consist of all parts required, and shall be readily available from suppliers such as Digikey and Mouser (with exception of CN3082 IC).
- Layout of a finished 2-layer board, with signals and components properly labeled, not larger than 100mm x 80mm.
- Finished Gerber files, ready for manufacture.
All design work must be done using KiCAD software.
22 freelancers are bidding on average $248 for this job
Dear sir, I am a professional. I may be little costly. Please revert back to me if price fits your budget. Relevant Skills and Experience 18 years Proposed Milestones $500 CAD - 1
i am interested in this project. please PVT me for more details. i am in pcb design and fab industries last 12 years Relevant Skills and Experience PCB Proposed Milestones $222 CAD - one time
Hi I have been designing pcbs for 4 years. I have experience designing circuits measuring voltages and currents with shunt resistors and boltage with op amp buffers. I can help you with your pcb Thanks
First of all I have to investigate some of the batery charger [url removed, login to view] will take me a couple of [url removed, login to view] that with your spec I will make a first proyect in paper to have a global idea After that I will work on cad unt More
Circuit Design, Electrical Engineering, PCB Layout Relevant Skills and Experience Circuit Design, Electrical Engineering, PCB Layout Proposed Milestones $55 CAD - full