· Correct application of maths and arithmetic
· Answers clearly identified
· Correct results
· All necessary steps in analysis are present on correct order
· Clear presentation of mathematical and arithmetical working linking given details of the problem to the results obtained.
· Evidence of checking results (mathematical, graphical, logic-common sense)
· Explanation of choices made in the analysis (why is procedure required, why
this particular procedure)
· Interpretation of results, eg limitations, direction of vectors
· The work (job) is clearly identified (problem, date, analyst)
· Clear statement of each problem and its details and requirements
· Logical layout of analysis
· Appropriate use of diagrams, clear diagrams
· Correct use of terminology, conventions
· Clear English in the explanation of procedure and interpretation of results.
· Referencing of authoritative sources of equations and data