I need help loading a software image resident on my MacBook Pro (MBP) onto a SPI flash chip installed on a custom PCB. This is my current setup:
- MX25R1635FZUIH0 SPI flash installed on custom PCB configured as shown on the attached schematic, pins 1, 2, 5 & 6 connect directly to a microprocessor
- FTDI MPSSE cable C232HM-DDHSL-0
- FTDI app FT_Prog installed on a Windows 7, running as a Parallels VM on the MBP
- latest D2XX drivers (2.12.28) loaded on the Win7 VM
- comms between FT_Prog and FTDI MPSSE cable (MPSSE cable responds to FT_Prog Scan command)
- 8MB image resident on MBP, accessible by the Win7 VM
I messed around with the MPSSE cable and FT_Prog app (for ages) but can't work out how to set it up to load the image to the flash; I haven't actually tried to load the image to the flash yet as I'm not confident I understand the app. I'd like to be able to use an OSX-based app to control the MPSSE cable directly and load the flash however I couldn't find a suitable app and I'm not that familiar with the command line so attempted using the FT_Prog windows app on a Win7 VM. Unfortunately I can't send the custom PCB with installed SPI flash to you to load the image.
So, the job is: help me configure (connect the loose pins of MPSSE cable to JP6, set up app), and load an image to the SPI flash mentioned above using my MPSSE cable and any suitable (ideally free) software. I imagine some initial exchanges via email to get set up then some Skype sessions is all that's required. I look forward to seeing your proposals.