We are looking for a senior level electronics and embedded systems engineer to help us implement the control functionality for a new smart zip concept. We have a concept for the mechanics and we would like an electronics engineer to create production ready miniaturised boards for this zip, working closely with the mechanics and product design team to ensure that functionality and form are both accomplished.
The project will include:
1. Selecting appropriate components such as MCU and sensors such as finger print sensors
2. Developing power efficient circuitry for driving components such as a motor and a microprocessor.
3. Writing and testing software for these, working with design team to integrate electronics with the smart zip system.
4. Write a very simple android or iOS app for interfacing with smart zip.
5. Manufacture the physical PCBs and test the functionality, and power consumption.
So key deliverables are:
1. PCB size reduction (current size is 20x20x3. 5mm).
2. Use of more compact embedded fingerprint sensor (with capacitive
3. Use of less energy (e.g. using more efficient electronic devices).
4. A simple mobile app for interfacing with zip.
1. Expert in embedded systems, sensors.
2. Expert in C, C++ programming.
3. Experience in embedded electronics manufacturing.
4. Experience in analogue circuit design.
5. Experience with git or similar version control.
6. Good internet connection as we have a good number of video calls.
Nice to haves:
1. Experience in creating production level embedded systems.
2. Experience in software testing.
3. Experience with agile development, Jira
To respond effectively, please send copies of past projects, educational qualification that support the must-haves and nice to have qualities.
17 freelancers are bidding on average £1965 for this job
Hi sir, I am an expert hardware and firmware engineer. I take care of both hardware and software side. I have 12 years of experience. Lets talk to me on your board designs. Regards, Ahmed
I am embedded system engineer and I worked before in many embedded projects as I am familiar with Matlab, C programming, electronics and Microcontrollers. So let me hear from you soon.