In this question we will calculate the performance parameters of a solar cell using dark and light J-V curves (emailed to all students as an excel file). Assume cell area as 1cm2.
1. Plot on a single chart the dark and light current density (mA/cm2) vs. voltage.
2. Calculate output power and plot power (W/cm2) vs. voltage.
3. Plot light J-V and power vs. voltage on the same chart using two different y-axes.
4. On the plots indicate the following:
a. Open-circuit voltage (Voc)
b. Short-circuit current (Jsc)
c. Maximum power-point (MPP)
5. For the cell please calculate the following:
a. Open-circuit voltage
b. Short-circuit current
c. Voltage at maximum power point
d. Current at maximum power point
e. Fill factor