Hypothesis Testing Project – Math 243 – 100 PTS
Your task is to make a hypothesis and gather data to test your hypothesis comparing either
a) A known or a population average to your sample (1-sample)
b) Comparing two populations (2-sample)
1. (10 points) Define a parameter to be tested. It can either be a population parameter, a known vale or a nominal value. Some examples: normal temperature for the human body, volume of soda in a can, a manufacturer’s claim, population parameters. Be sure to accurately define the population(s) and state your sources of information.
2. (20 points) AFTER you have defined the population or nominal value to be tested, gather a sample using the same parameters that you used to define the population. The sample size must be a minimum of 30. If you are doing a two-sample test, you must have a minimum of 30 samples from BOTH populations. If you find that an item does NOT fit within your population, you cannot use that data in your calculations. However, you must show that data in your final paper and explain why it was omitted form the data set. If you find that you must omit data, you need to continue to gather data until you get at least 30 data points.
3. (10 points) Calculation the sample average, ̅ , and standard deviation, .
4. (40 points) Using the 7-Steps for hypothesis testing (Section 8.2) test your sample data against the population data.
a. Test the hypothesis at 95% confidence level
b. Use the appropriate tailed test (2-tail, right-tail or left-tail).
5. (10 points) Prepare a short paper explaining your project. You must include:
a. All sample data and calculations – including any data omitted from the calculations.
b. Population data.
c. Method of gathering the sample.
d. The result of your hypothesis test.
e. Conclusion: Offer an explanation as to why or why not the hypothesis was rejected.
f. Neatness, organization of thoughts, presentation of ideas must be clear!
21 freelancers are bidding on average $137 for this job
Hi professional statistics expert here I can do this project, I have 5 years of experience in developing the hypothesis questions please see the PM for more details
Hello, I have quite a lot of experience in that matter - testing of entire models, and in that matter - implementing many hypothesis tests. I can perform it in R, SPSS, Matlab, EViews or whatever you say. Regards!
I have B.S. and M.S. in Psychology so I have experience in doing research as well as with SPSS for 5 years now.I can do this job with responsability and at a qualitative level.