For a research proposal we have designed a set of 3 scientific experiments to study the influence of micro-gravity on plants and food. These 3 experimental spaces are enclosed together forming a scientific payload. The experiments in each capsule are as follows,
1. Research of food packaging: consisting on the experimental study of food packaging and food quality changes. No electronics is present and it is just an "empty box" that doesn't need anything special besides space to place a sample.
2. Micro-tuberization of vegetables under microgravity conditions: which is to grow a plant, Cassava, in space. This research aims to check the difference between Cassava on ground and in microgravity conditions. Therefore, the experiment needs nutrients and electronic & electrical systems such as light emission diodes (LEDs), gas exchanging sensors for CO2 and O2 measurements and an electric power supply.
3. Mixing of food for the future development of a 3D Food Printer: this experiment consists on the mixing of food in space. The food will already be cooked and will be injected into a mixing container in space (although this first proposal will be for a zero-gravity flight). This experiment needs to prepare food materials as well as electronic and electrical systems such as injection system and an electric power supply.
Our design is bigger than the space available so I need a freelancer to optimize (change) our design so the 3 experimental set ups fit the space available (20*10*10 cm and less than 2 kg).
A basic stress analysis should be done considering an applied force of 20 N on several part of the surface as well as changes in temperature in the scale [0:+30] degree Celsius. The maximum deformation acceptable will be 2 mm. The material selected for the structure is PolyCarbonate (PC) or PCE+.
All designs (CAD, Codes, etc) will be made available to the designer for its optimization. This project is part of a series of projects that might have available for freelancers to help us. These projects constitute part of research proposals to be submitted for funding.
- Background in mechatronics, applied physics, electromechanics, engineering sciences
- Good knowledge of Arduino at hardware and software level
- Good knowledge of Instrumentation
- Good knowledge of CAD/CAE software (computer aided design and basic stress analysis)
- Good knowledge of 3D printing (Ultimaker 3+)
- Optimized CAD design (stp file and the original files)
- Optimized electro-mechanical design (Arduino, arduino shells, connections)
- Bill of Materials (BOM): list of each component and online price
- Engineering drawings (2D projections for fabrication) (pdf)
- Optimized Software (arduino embedded code)
- 3D Printing files to manufacture the structures containing the experiments
- Basic stress analysis
- Technical Report explaining the optimized design step-by-step
- CAD designs: 10%
- Software and BOM: 10%
- Technical drawings: 10%
- Structural analysis: 10 %
- Documentation (Final Report and User Guide): 10%
- Final review 50% (after any requested changes)
- Bonus: 10% for timely delivery and performance
- Extra bonus for good performance, excellent report and small presentation (ptt) available
8 freelancers are bidding on average $199 for this job
Hello, I have a good experience in CAD and Arduino, I study computer engineering and mechanical technician so I have everything to do this project very well