The goal of the project is to design a working concept of lightweight and strong folding wing. The concept should address the following items:
1. How the folding mechanism works.
2. The locking mechanism at fully open and fully retracted position.
3. How the folding mechanism fits into the given wing.
4. The wing needs to be watertight because the wing will be operated in the water environment.
5. How much the folding mechanism weigh. To be as minimum as possible
6. The performance of the mechanism such as the time taken to fold or open, the strength etc.
7. The material of the mechanism. Strong, lightweight and very good corrosion resistance.
8. The actuators requirement. They need to be commercially available and reasonably priced.
9. The cost of the mechanism.
10. You can re structure the wing but FEA analysis needs to be provided.
You will be given the following items:
1. The CAD model of the wings and its structure.
2. The weight of the wing.
3. The wing and its structure are made of composite material.
4. How we want it to be folded.
5. Wing load data (Patran format or other but discuss with us first).
6. Any other information required can be requested.
1. Generate a few and quick concepts.
2. We will choose 1 of the few concepts.
3. You work out the detail from the chosen concept.
Please work with Catia V5 or Pro Engineer (Creo).
20 freelancers are bidding on average $1217 for this job
25 years Aircraft Structural Design could come up with folding concepts. Composites experience on Airbus A400M military transporter on Wing to fuselage fairing.
The design you requested is already done in ICON A5, a sail plane and i have done some theory on this specific part. Moreover, i am an aeronautical engineer with much experience on light sport aircrafts.