A Canadian-based company seeks the services of an electrical/computer engineer to perform a series of tasks related to designing, documenting and sourcing components for network hardware.
The successful candidate:
- will have a strong background in hardware design
- understands network fundamentals
- understands circuitry and basic electrical concepts
- is capable of sourcing components from wholesalers in both
a cost-conscious and timely manner
- possesses strong schematic design, documentation and
technical writing skills
- is able to provide references for similar, successful past projects
The initial design component will be to spec and create a dependable and cost-effective 16 port kvm switch, including the delivery of a prototype. Upon successful completion additional projects will be assigned.
The successful candidate will set his/her own work and delivery schedule, as well as set his/her budget. Timing, budget and setting realistic expectations will be the key factors in selecting our vendor.
Please indicate in your bid the amount you would charge on a weekly basis, the number of hours you are available to work per week and the resulting, effective hourly rate.
Material costs will be provided.
In addition to supplying the end deliverable the successful candidate is also responsible for providing weekly status reports as well as answering questions from the Canadian office.
A confidentiality agreement as well as an assignment of intellectual property will be signed before the commencement of the project.