We are looking for a custom enclosure for iPod Touch (4th Gen with front and rear camera). This enclosure needs to accomplish the following:
1) Securely enclose iPod Touch so that it cannot be removed from it without opening a few screws.
2) Ability to mount the iPod Touch (slanted at an angle) on to a counter or a flat surface using screws and / or double sided adhesive tape
3) Touchscreen functionality of the iPod Touch should not be impacted in any way.
4) This enclosure should allow an unobstructed field of view from the rear camera.
5) Enclosure should allow access to charging connector.
This enclosure can be thought of as a permanent dock which is fixed to a counter or a flat surface and cannot be removed without proper tools. Also the iPod Touch needs to be secured into this enclosure so that it cannot be removed without opening a few screws. This would help us deploy (mount to a counter or a flat surface) iPod Touch in locations where there is no active supervision and hinders theft.
A rough sketch for one concept is attached with this description. The sketch contains only a plate on which iPod Touch can somehow rest. More pieces will be required to fully enclose the iPod Touch. We are open to other suggestions also.
Deliverables for this project are:
1) Drawings for all pieces required for this enclosure
2) 10 prototypes
The goal of this project is for us to demonstrate a concept and we do not care if the prototypes are made out of metal plates, plastic, wood, SLA, 3D Printer.